Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Growing List

I love seeing new people in the list of members. How exciting to have a roomful of writers gathered in cyberspace. I can't get over how awesome -- wait, the new term is off the hook -- this Internet thing is for keeping people connected. Welcome, Phyllis and Ragan. Since returning from California, I've been reluctantly running at full speed. Besides the normal catch-up time required after being out of the office for a week, our son is graduating from high school this week, and I'm amazed at the number of piddly, time consuming tasks connected with the event. He and his sister are skydiving next week . . . my wife and I will watch the whole horrifying event from the ground. Then three days later, we leave for two weeks in Italy. I'm a wide-eyed Linda Blair, head spinning uncontrollably. No writing taking place, a little journaling, and some obsessive blog checking just to see if any of YOU are actually writing, but I'll be back in the groove eventually. I learned MUCH about the I-can-do-it factor while at Bishop's Ranch this year. No matter what I feel, despite my physical or emotional condition, I can produce something . . . something, it does not matter what. I just have to push something out. It's a valuable memory to carry around. Hope all of you are doing well.

1 comment:

Greg Friess said...

Skydiving. Now that's a great event for a graduating senior. I signed up once when I was in the Army to go to Airborne training, but I couldn't get out of my ICU rotation. Jane had some serious problems with me jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, but I saw it as career development. Congrats to your son.