Saturday, May 19, 2007

When I Grow Up I Want To Be . . .

I thought I wanted to be a skinny African American woman, but since I'm NOT black, and I'm NOT even CLOSE to skinny, and I DON'T have a vagina, I'm sort of having to rework my life's dream. Second choice: I want to be Michael Buble'. He has that awesome Frank Sinatra vibe without the dated crooning, and he's also sort of Harry Connick, Jr.-esque -- coolness factor without the N'awlins attitude. I'm obsessed with his vocal stylings this week, but the thing that keeps me listening to the guy is how much he loves women . . . and I mean he LOVES women. He sings "Try a Little Tenderness" on It's Time. That tune has been covered by a dozen other artists, but his interpretation oozes empathy, admiration, and, well, tenderness. Man, to have that skill. Better than that, to have that heart. Mmmmmm-hmmmmm.

No comments: